At the the end of last week, I launched two new sites that are completely at different ends of the spectrum. In both cases they serve different markets, one much more broad then the other.
- StickmanVentures.com - After about a month, I finally got around to launching the much more content rich and feature ready Stickman Ventures site. For those of you who are unaware, Stickman Ventures is part of my ongoing work in starting up niche targeted business ventures with Gareth Coen and my brother James. Along with that we’ve added an investment arm and have partnered with several firms to help offer more value to our corporate clients, startup or not.
- JustinandMonica.com - On the other end of the spectrum we have Monica and I’s wedding site. With the date set and invitations in the mail, we setup this site a clearinghouse of useful information. I also built a different type of registry with Google Checkout for our planned honeymoon trip to Tahiti. We’re planning on having one hell’ve of a party, so pictures from said event will also make it on to the site post haste.
In addition to these two site launches, I have three other site launches in the works over the next three weeks. It’s going to be a busy time but will be a lot of fun as well.
In other updates:
- The speculation is true, I’ve dropped 25 pounds in the last four weeks. After a rough 2007 which took its toll on my health, I decided that I wanted to get back to match fitness (in football/soccer speak, that means get back to game ready state) and have been working on it over the last month. I’ve largely based my diet on Tim Ferris' model, and added in training to increase muscle. I’m using Wii Fit to track progress on a daily basis. Those who knew me as an undergrad in Seattle are probably remembering this is not the first time I’ve experimented on my health. Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing.
- Monica and I have dove head first into gecko genetics as we tackle a new breeding project. We’ve already added a third gecko (a bell albino) to go with our patternless and Monica’s favorite of the last six years, Icarus, a giant gecko by chance she raised early on. A fourth is just around the corner, and I’m writing software to help track the gene combination’s and results. Given Monica’s experience in biology (she was a project biologist), I suspect it’ll be an interesting experiment to say the least. Genetics is just interesting.
- Monica and I recently took our engagement photographs with Tammy Hughes, who I just can’t speak highly enough of. Her use of natural light is fantastic and her prints look spectacular. I have a great deal of respect for her work. She’ll be shooting at our wedding in October. In the mean time, you can check out her website.
- My buddy Joe Kiernan is running a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I’ve worked with Joe and he’s a great guy and it’s a great cause. Get over there and donate some money; it’s a tax deduction to boot.
- For those who were in the Riverbank High Class of 1998, our reunion is taking place on September 20th. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attend, but if you were part of the class and are looking for information, head on over to the MySpace page for ticket information. If you get a chance, thank Sonia who has put a lot of work in to make it happen.
That’s the all the highlights and updates!